- May 25, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Business Management, Business Process
“Robotics will throw more challenge to today’s workforce than what machines has done to mankind during industrial revolution a century ago”.
With relentless pressure from all quarters to arrest the cost and to keep expenses in check and uninterrupted technical challenges from new age entrepreneurs and innovative ideas that are creeping up, most of the MNC’s are forced to be innovative in their operating modules so as to reduce their labour costs, improve their per employee productivity, speed of innovation and at the same time keep the customer with top-notch user experience.
As the awareness begun, organizations are implementing and digitising few processes with virtual workforces, thus reducing overall costs. A recent study in developed economies has estimated nearly 75 million jobs are good candidate for Automation. A leading Financial giant in US has estimated that its own institute has a potential to Automate more than 40% of its work force. Though RPA enables to down-sizing most of the low-end tasks, thus enabling the workforce to be released to more value-added services and discharging them by natural attrition. This enables the companies to be leaner in the days to come.
Business process management (BPM) has already started to feel the exciting development of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and believe that it is going to transform the industry to all new levels. The Advancement of web-based solutions and the introduction of BOTS (short form of Robots) for Automating the manual process has always attracted the keen attention of the industry, which is looking to cut the cost of running the business.
What RPA brings to the Business Table and how it is going to revolutionize the industry? How mature is RPA to handle the complex business process and how it can be applied to? With Rapid progress and wider adoption of RPA tools yield the required benefits that industry is seeking? Is it going to change the industry for ever?
As per the Experts the immediate benefits that can be derived are as follows.
- Accuracy: Humans are prone to Error. Where as Bots are not. A similar job over the months, years may not excite Human Work Force. Where as RPA will do the same task again and again with Accuracy every time and there is no judgement call required on the efficiency.
- Cost Reduction and Efficiency: Once installed, the RPA runs 24X7 with no breaks and making extremely efficient when compared to Human Work Force. And the cost of installation of Bots is one-time investment and the benefits can be derived Month-on-Month, Year-on-Year.
- Ease of change Management: With data integrity and management an issue in the long run. Robots offer application data and its integrity by leveraging layers of usage.
- Compliance: Robots can provide a detailed log of occurrence of things thus enabling to apply Analytics to derive future business plans with improved compliance. As there is no human interface, the data can be treated as non-corrupt which enables the organization to implement new Business rules and Algorithms.
ATG’s Business Process Management (BPM) Services provide real-time insights into process performance to help organizations sustain relevance and growth. We leverage our expertise to deploy the right BPM tools that benchmark current performance against the industry best and quickly address the gaps. By enhancing the maturity of business processes, we deliver the agility and flexibility that businesses need to gain competitive advantage.
ATG is currently providing its services into HealthCare, Financial, Banking, Telecom, Legal and Manufacturing Domains. With our expertise on the above domains, you can be assured of the top-notch services at your door-step on technology innovations and implementations.